Who we are
This Policy applies to all users of the Services, but excludes websites, mobile sites, applications, and products and services with separate privacy policies which do not incorporate this Policy. This Policy does not apply to third party websites, mobile sites, applications, or products and services even if accessed via our Services.
Personal information means information that identifies you as an individual, or that can be combined with readily available information to identify you as an individual. This Policy does not cover any information (such as anonymized or aggregated demographic information) which is not personally-identifiable or financial information, or any ideas, suggestions, or comments you may submit about the Service (including without limitation User Content), which information we may use for any purposes in our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will post a new Policy on the Services and update the effective date set forth above. Therefore, we encourage you to check the effective date of this Policy whenever you visit the Website to see if it has been updated since your last visit. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using Services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
The Information We Collect
The types of information we may collect and how we collect it include:
In general, we collect information to allow you to use the Services, process your Account registration, authorize your payment, bill you, respond to your inquiries, communicate with you about the Services and other products and services, and maintain your Account with us.
- If you register an Account, we may collect information about you and as necessary to create and/or maintain your Account, such as your name, address, email address, and other contact information, and your billing information, like your credit card number, CVV code, and expiration date, or ACH information including routing and account numbers.
- In addition to the information described in this Policy, depending on the type of Account you have, as applicable, we may collect other personal information about you. Please review your Account Agreement (if applicable), especially the “Privacy” section, to understand what additional information we may collect.
- WemaycollectinformationaboutyourdeviceandhowyouinteractwithourServicessuch as: IP address, browser type, device location, unique device identifier, cookie data, associated identifying and usage information from your mobile phone, laptop, or other device, and other device information that you give us consent to access. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
- We may collect other information with your consent, as may be described within the Services.
- We may also collect your information from licensees, affiliates, partners, service providers, and independent third-party sources.
- We may combine the information we collect with other information in our possession.
How We Use Your Information
Newtrul provides transportation and logistics software for use by (i) shippers and freight brokers (each a “Shipper”) who seek to book loads with motor carriers (each, a “Carrier”), and (ii) Carriers who seek to source shipments from Shippers. Any transaction (each a “Shipment Transaction”) that is entered into between a Shipper and a Carrier while using the Services is governed by the applicable Shipper-Carrier Agreement (as defined in the Terms). Accordingly, the ways we use your information may include:
- We may use personal information in the process of matching search queries by Carriers to identify relevant shipments from Shippers.
- We may use personal information in booking shipments, verifying transactions and parties, and in making and collecting payments.
- We may use personal information in the process of developing new products and services.
- We may also use your information to:
Provide our products and services and provide you with information, reminders, confirmations, and other operational communications regarding our products and services and your participation in them.
- Improve the quality, safety, and security of our products and services.
- Provide customer support and service and communicate with you.
- Administer your Account, including verifying your identity.
- Process your payments for products and services.
- Perform marketing, including interest-based marketing and advertising (with necessary consents and subject to opt-out, as applicable, depending upon the medium of communication).
- Comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
Where stated or legally required, we will anonymize your information in a way that it can’t reasonably be associated with you. We may use anonymized information or share it with third parties for any legitimate business purpose.
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, email, text and other electronic messages, or via our websites and applications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share and disclose the information we collect as follows:
- We may use your personal information in our development of new products and services which would then be shared with our clients and customers with the personal information anonymized, including products which allow Shippers and Carriers to make selections based on performance metrics developed using personal information.
- In addition to the uses and activities described in this Policy, depending on the type of Account you have, we may share and disclose other personal information we collect from or about you in other ways as specified in other documents provided by Newtrul. Please review your Account Agreement, especially the “Privacy” section, to understand what additional information we may share and disclose.
- We may share the information we collect with our parents, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners, including our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Validation of appropriate registration for Accounts and use of the Services
- Fraud prevention.
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Newtrul or on Newtrul’s behalf.
- Vendors that assist Newtrul to enhance the security of the Services.
- With our insurance partners to offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance or in connection with our services, and to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers.
Newtrul may share your personal information with third parties in circumstances such as when it is necessary to provide the Services, fulfill a transaction you have requested, offer you personalized services, or in other circumstances that are permitted by law and consistent with the purposes for which we collected the information. If you register an Account, some of the information you supply may be shared with regulatory bodies and/or service providers we utilize to obtain personal information.
Newtrul may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety, security, legal or similar concerns. Newtrul may disclose your personal information: in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena) or requests from law enforcement or regulatory authorities; in other circumstances in which Newtrul believes the Services are being or have been used in violation of our policies, applicable law or otherwise in the commission of a crime; when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or when necessary to protect the rights or property of Newtrul or third parties.
We may disclose or transfer your personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, proceeding, or reorganization involving the business activities for which the information is maintained. In the event that ownership of Newtrul or its business was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition, asset sale or transfer to another company, your personal information may be shared or transferred.
Newtrul may share your information other than as described in this Policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We maintain reasonable and adequate technical, administrative, and physical security and confidentiality measures designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or acquisition. We also require by contract (other than in an emergency situations) that third party services providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also undertake to provide such security and confidentiality measures in accordance with industry standards.
Information Retention & Deletion
You may request deletion of your Account at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following such request, Newtrul deletes any information that we are not required to retain (such as information retained in connection with transactions). In certain circumstances, Newtrul may be unable to delete your Account or information, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your Account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Newtrul may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as information which has already been shared with others (in connection with transactions or otherwise), information which is not personally-identifiable data which we will use internally or in aggregate reports (as described in this Policy), as well as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Newtrul suspends or terminates your Account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Newtrul may retain certain information about that Account to prevent you from opening a new Newtrul Account in the future.
You may request that Newtrul:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Newtrul has collected about you and how we use that information.
- Receive a copy of the information Newtrul has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that Newtrul has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting Newtrul at email@example.com. You can update the name, phone number, and email address associated with your Account within the administration section of your Account.
Marketing Opt-Outs: You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Newtrul by contacting Newtrul at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Newtrul by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as information about your Account. We may also provide methods of opting out through Account controls.
Protection of Children
While the Services may be viewed by children, we do not wish to receive data from or about children. We encourage parents and guardians to monitor and supervise all Internet usage by children. No information should be submitted to, or posted at, the Services by visitors under 18 years of age without the consent of a parent or guardian.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident you have the right to receive specific information about how Newtrul discloses personal information to others for their marketing purposes, and what choices they have. Newtrul’s policy is not to share your personal information with other parties for direct marketing use unless you agree that Newtrul can do so or as provided for in this Policy. If you wish to opt-out from any sharing without cost, please see “Choices” above. Further, Newtrul is required to alert you how our websites react to Do Not Track signals. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to be a signal to websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Sites operated by Newtrul do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a Do Not Track or similar signal.
If you have questions or complaints regarding our Policy or practices, please contact us at email@example.com.